Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

V for Video



A Varied Thrush above. I have added to my videos on YouTube so there are many NEW ones to look at there now. Click Read More below.





A Vermilion Flycatcher, not from around here though, from Arizona.


Variegated Fritillary butterfly above for my Macro. (not from here also from Arizona I think).


Violet Green Swallow and another Varied Thrush below.


A Warbling Vireo from Mount Tolmie below.


In Victoria, there is a park called Beacon Hill Park and there is a little rock bridge with a plaque on it from Emily Carr's sister dedicated to Emily.  The rock bridge is for Good Fences.  We are at the letter "v" for the ABC Link.



There usually is a Black Duck there too.



Some ghostly very over-exposed photos of Vultures.


To see the video they are all at my Islandrambles YouTube site.  I have many, many videos there, please check some of them out.  I think I have around 200 videos there! They are all waiting for someone to look at them!


I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also.

Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni
MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
GoodFences Thursday Thank you to Gosia



HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

41 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Ruth. I think you and I started blogging at the same time and I think you were my first follower ten years ago or something like that, wow, long time.

      Delete
  2. Lovely selection of birds and I watched a number of your videos and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Margaret, I like your videos also.

      Delete
  3. the vermillion fly catcher is so vibrant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Felicia, thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Great "V" words, Nora.... That is not the easiest letter to use to find the correct words... You did GREAT.... Of course, in "V"ictoria ---why not????? ha

    Hope you are feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Betsy, yes I thought V for Videos and Victoria!

      Delete
  5. I really like seeing the videos as well as the still photos. We have Veery thrush around here which have a sad, watery, beautiful song. I found a Youtube by Lang Elliot with a close-up of the bird and a very good recording. The bird looks quite plain but the song is one you don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny, I will check out the video you mention.

      Delete
  6. I enjoy your videos - a nice supplement to the still photos.
    We have Veery thrush around here that have a very unique sad, watery, beautiful song. On Youtube, Lang Elliot has a very good video of one.
    The bird is plain to look at but the song you won't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of some beautiful birds. Aren't those vultures amazing when they spread their wings like that. They are huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, thanks for the comment and also I see you visited my videos, thanks so much!

      Delete
  8. Wow - great shots - love the swallow - I can't seem to find them sitting still long enough for a good photo - and the vulture photos are simply amazing. I'm off to look at your videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JoAnn, thanks for looking at the videos!

      Delete
  9. Wow - those vulture shots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Fiona!

      Delete
  10. I am off to see some of your videos, - love Victoria and the Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Hildred, hope you enjoy some of the videos!

      Delete
  11. Great shots, love seeing your birds and videos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, glad to find you again! I followed you again as my followers gadget started to work again.

      Delete
  12. You are so lucky to see such a VARIETY of bird life! And your VIDEOS are a VERITABLE treat!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, hope things are going well. Will go over and catch up with you on your blog.

      Delete
  13. Oh I just adore that Violet Green Swallow! And the Vermillion Flycatcher has always been such a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
    2. I can't reply on your blog as I have not got the Google+ yet and your blog comment is restricted to Google+. In the future I will try to get the Google+.

      Delete
  14. wonderful photo's and creatures, some of which I have not seen earlier.

    Have a voicefilled ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y (team ABC-W)
    preview round 21 starting july 12th

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody, thanks for helping the ABC continue.

      Delete
  15. Wonderful videos for V and marvelous macro bird photos ~ love them all ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, thanks so much for the visit!

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous shots and vid of the Varied Thrush. That is still one bird that evades my camera for a nice pic. When I was up in your neck of the woods, the rain just prevented me from getting that nice look. Or was it the fog?...mist? Very different weather than Arizona. That is much is certain:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, so nice to see you here! Yes your weather is so different and your birds so exotic! It probably was raining and fog and mist all at the same time when you came here, we live in a rainforest it seems. Thanks so much for the comment. I follow your blog so I will check in there now.

      Delete
  17. I really can't express what I want to say in words...this is an all time HIGH for me....W O W!!
    Everything, and I do mean everything is perfect. The videos the birds, all of your nature images.

    I must say I really favor the green swallow. That is impressive, something I've never seen before.

    Thanks so much Nora, for adding your link to I'd Rather B Birdin' this week, I always appreciate your participation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty birds
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Nora, great post. I love all your birds. The Varied Thrush is one of my favorites. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved seeing the different birds you have there...some so colorful and beautiful! Thanks for the videos too! I feel like I've traveled today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very colourful collection of birds, love the green swallow and those wonderful vulture wing feathers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good bird shots.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very impressive! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS