Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

So Many Birds Today

 Today we have some bird collages for you.


Above are some Rufous Hummingbirds.  We usually have a lot of Anna's Hummingbirds at the feeders but for some reason we only have a few Anna's coming in.  I seldom get the Rufous here but not far from where I live there are lots of them in a park.
 Above are the Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  We are at the letter "R" for the ABC link-up so I am putting in my supply of "R" birds.
Above we have a Red-breasted Sapsucker and a Roadrunner and a Robin and a Ruffed Grouse.  The Roadrunner is not from here, he lives far south of us but I put him in anyway.
 Here above we have a Red crossbill (female) and Red crossbill (male) and Red-winged Blackbirds.
 Above the first bird is a Rare one for us, a Nashville Warbler and then we have two Yellow-rumped warblers.  Mount Tolmie has been full of warblers and flycatchers lately.
Above we have a River Otter and a Red-necked Phalarope. Then we have a Rock Sandpiper and a Rock Wren.

And Now For the Video Section: If you can't see the video just click on to my YouTube site here.  The videos are very short, just a few seconds, please try to watch them.  The Ravens talking has wonderful sound so please put your sound on.

First a Video of Two Ravens Talking: (please have sound on for it)


A Video of a Raven enjoying a Wonderful Bath



A Video of a Robin having a Bath and a Surprise Visitor:



Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
The Bird D'Pot  Sunday Thank you Hootin' Anni
MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher
the Hummingbirds are my macros today
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
We have made it to the letter "r". All my birds are with the letter "R" for you today!




HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

18 comments:

  1. It's always a treat to see photos of the hummingbirds. I'm glad you put the note about the roadrunner - for a second I wondered if I was mistaken about them not living in BC. Interesting with the ravens that one is speaking in a higher pitch than the other. Is one call more assertive? The raven certainly knows how to take a proper bath - lots of splashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a raven in my part of Texas...that was so special!
    And loved EVERY ONE of your fabulous collages!! Beautiful birds.


    Sending along my heart felt thanks for sharing this awesome post and photos!! The birders at I'd Rather B Birdin' are beholding to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wide range of birds. I did enjoy the videos especially bath time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many lovely birds. Many of them are seen in my area as well, but not all.Thanks for sharing them. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous and crisp photographic images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing all the birds that start with an 'R'. You sure found a lot to photograph. Enjoy the week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS shots of the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great variety of birds, the Hummingbirds are especially charming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Les oiseaux de chez vous sont magnifiques ;-)
    Céline & Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do enjoy looking at the pictures of your beautiful birds
    and wild life, so blessed to live on such a beautiful Island.
    Sheer heaven.
    Best wishes,
    Di.
    Abcw team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures -- it takes a lot of time to find all those birds for a certain letter and to put them together so beautifully. I think all but the roadrunner are your own local birds too which makes me very happy for you. Thank you for sharing these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful birds and gorgeous photos of them! I really enjoyed the videos. Ravens and crows are so darn smart. The birds are really intense about bathing. Man, that is some serious speed...

    ReplyDelete
  13. WE saw the fattest robin, sitting on our fence, just this week.
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...sooo many birds Nora...I loved the videos too! ..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photo's Nora.... with birds you always treat me

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS