Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Monday, March 20, 2017

Kestrel and Kinsol Trestle


A few more photos of our encounter with the Kestrel the other day.

We rarely get up close to a Kestrel as they are very shy and seldom let you get a close up photo.  This one was very carefree.  He could not have cared what we did. It was a rainy day so we left him with his job of collecting some kind of worms. 


Looking Pretty.

More Worm Eating.

A Good Shake Out.

And Fly Off.  Bye Bye Kestrel. We were in the truck and he was obviously very comfortable with cars and trucks. He is on a wire fence for Good Fences.

The Kinsol Trestle or the Koksilah Trestle is the largest wooden trestle in the Commonwealth of Nations.  It is one of the highest railway trestles in the world. It was built to connect Victoria and Nootka Sound for transport for the lumber industry. It was completed in 1920 but in time became unsafe and has now been rebuilt and restored.  These pictures below show it before it was restored and the short video shows it as it is today all new and lovely. People come from all over the world to see it. I do have pictures of the new version but they are in a separate hard drive now. 










And Just for Fun I Have:  a little video of a Killdeer!




Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:


Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
                                We are at the Letter "K"
GoodFences Thursday Thank you to Gosia



HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful bird photography and lovely video ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Lovely Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kildeer video is cute -- they always run run in circles whenever I'm anywhere near -- I always want to say, "Don't worry Ms Kildeer, I wouldn't harm you or your nest for anything in the world. Don't work so hard running away from me." LOvely shots of the kestrel too. Another shy bird, as you say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kestrel is a pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good catches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Kestrel, and I enjoyed the Killdeer video.
    Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the little bird video. Whatever song it is singing, it sure sounds like spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, awesome sightings and photos. The Kestrel is beautiful and I love the sweet killdeer! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS