Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Ice, Birds, Sidney Island


Today I am dreaming of a summer day.  It is so cold here and ......




there is a low pressure area in the Gulf of Alaska and the jet stream goes well south of us as far as Northern California.  This tends to drag all the cold weather here this year!  And I don't like it. Above photo of a Kestrel on a fence for Good Fences Thursday.


A few recent birdy photos for Wild Bird Wednesday and Nature Notes.


Here are some icy ice pictures for ABC Wednesday, Macro Monday and Our World.









Sidney Island In the Sun.  I am dreaming of summer! The video below was taken on Sidney Island on a hot summer day.







Thank you to these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story.  Click on these links to find great blogs and photos. This post is for these wonderful bloggers:

MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher
Nature Notes Tuesday Thank you to Ramblingwoods
Our World Tuesday  Thank you to the Our World Team
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you to Stewart
ABC Wednesday   Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt and the Team
GoodFences Thursday Thank you to Gosia



HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds! Those ice shots are pretty cool too. Have a wonderful week Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic set of bird images. If only I could get to see them........one day I will though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr....those photos of ICE make me cold.
    I love your bird photos, especially that scruffy little guy being blown in the wond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those icy pictures.Yes,I too am ready for spring and warmer weather and it will come, hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nora, that is way to cold for the Pacific Northwest. But you make it look beautiful! Gorgeous bird pictures too....love the hooded merganser. Thanks for sharing and I hope the weather warms up a bit soon. (My daughter says they had snow yesterday in Eugene ... our Oregon home ... good grief! )

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are not nery springlike photos, - but very beautiful. Some of the dear little birds look as if the got caught in the kind of climate they are not used to...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice photos Nora! The bird in the first photo is really a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just watched the video (very nice job!). What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kestrel has beautiful markings.
    We are still having cold weather in Ontario but we expect that in March. Lots of temperature swings for the next few weeks and then finally in April spring arrives. The last ice photo looks like the sun is really glinting off it. Ice can be nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your ICE is quite IMPRESSIVE!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos of birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Le petit faucon est magnifique ;-)
    Céline & Philippe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy that is some ice you have there but Sidney Beach is lovely and weather to look forward to Nora

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the birds! Summer is coming!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The birds are gorgeous, as are your icephoto's but please let the spring come in ;-)


    Have a nice ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/20-i/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first bird is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful feathered souls :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, wonderful collection of birds. The kestrel is my favorite, it is beautiful. I hope you have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exceptional Kestrel images!
    Love the icy photos too....at least from my warm/cozy chair.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful Ice photos for I and beautiful shots of our 'feathered friends' ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a lovely week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous shots... This little birds look COLD....

    We didn't have much winter here at all this year --but we may get a touch this weekend...

    I asked you a waterfall question on Facebook... Check it out.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, sorry Betsy, I sometimes miss things on Facebook as there is so much confusing stuff there. I will go and look. I sure am enjoying your beautiful cabin in the woods though. hugs back at you.

      Delete
  22. I know your pain - we've had it bad on the mainland, too! Just when we think spring has sprung, we get another dump of snow! Love those shots of the ice!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  23. Calling by from ABC Wednesday, what beautiful photos you have shared, love the ice!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely icy shots Nora. Dreaming of Summer, arn't we all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful shot of the kestrel. It's cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We had a blast of cold air and lots more rain (on top of all the record-breaking rain we've been getting this winter) this past week. We left northern California on Wednesday and drove to the central coast, heading south. In one day we found springtime! Butterflies and singing birds, warm temps and blue skies. It's truly an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great photos - love the kestrel. I'm glad our snow has gone - but it is still chilly and rainy down here in Bellingham.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I really enjoyed the shore video...yes summer...we need summer....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'll give you that, this is a cold looking post. What a great little kestrel.

    Cheers - Stewart M - In Melbourne, but jet-lagged!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS