Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I only put a few posts on the first page. Please click "Read More" to see all of each post. Also click "older posts" under the comments or see the archives at the side, labels below post and older Index. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

FOLLOW MY BLOG

To follow click on badge on the sidebar or here.

Monday, January 20, 2014

French Beach Windy Day




Today thinking of warmer times at the beach.



French Beach.




 I will add my birding photos on at the end of the blog.


Going back in time to last summer.  Warm weather and blue sky.








I am doing French Beach today for Beaches and for the ABC's "B" weekly carnival. Thanks Roger, Denise and team.


I will just add some recent birds from my files.


Swans above out at Martindale fields.


Goldstream was pretty good this year with a lot of fish that had
spawned.


Here the Dipper is standing on a fish and I tried to get a shot
of him below with a fish egg but it is blurry.


Goldstream also had a Pileated Woodpecker busy looking for food.



This year Goldstream had a lot of mature and young eagles feasting on the salmon spawn.


Also the Gulls were enjoying a lunch of salmon.


Out at Maber farms the field is flooded once again and there is a huge amount of ducks.  Yay! Hoping you all are having good weather and good birding! cheers.


Don't forget to check out my twitter pagemy Facebook pagemy YouTube site.
Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.
Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.


The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Our World Team
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart






 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!


41 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to some warmer weather, it is going to be a cold week. Your beach photos are beautiful. And what a great collection of birds. Just a few of my favorites are the Pileated woodie and the Eagle. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ir does look windy, but so beautiful!! Great capture/movie for the day! Have a wonderful week, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warmer times or colder times, that is a beautiful location. All of your photos are fantastic. That eagle sure has a fierce look on it's face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed the video and all the wonderful relaxing sounds of water lapping onto the sandy shore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach scenes look wonderfully warm on this cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love French Beach and China Beach, have wonderful memories of walking along, checking out the driftwood, rocks and paddling in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I'd love it to be summer again - thank you for the warm memories today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the video. Been missing warmer climate and most of all the sun. Where is French Beach? Looks like a nice spot to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images of the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh - fabulous shots of warmer days! Love those swans in that golden light too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The beach scenes are beautiful. There must be very big storms there for so many big tree trunks to be washed up at the tide line. As always - the eagle is really magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved hearing those waves while looking at your wonderful photos.... Great cheery post Nora. I hope you are doing ok.... Hug... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely ocean photos; all that great driftwood too. I loved the raptor/eagle!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nora, loved the video, really warming on a cold January day here.
    Lots of lovely scenic shots a well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful beach.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great beach shots! I like to visit the beach in cooler weather, I can't handle the heat. Love that Pileated woody!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful shots from the beach. I love the old wood. The birds are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Dipper! I wish we had them on the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delightful shots. Makes me want to go to the beach. Love the bird shots, especially the eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nothing better than beaches and birds! The sound of the waves is almost hypnotic - I could fall asleep easily on that beach as long as it was warm (not hot). Love the driftwood and the child leaning on the branch.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you say WARM? It's 8 degrees F here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful shots remind me of sweet summer I'm longing for now. Your top shots of my liking are your last beach shots (design wise) and the first bird pic after that. The latter has such rich colors! Have a great bird week:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great set of pics, the beach shots where makeing my wish it was summer, and as always the bird shots where interesting, love the lighting on the swans.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful birdphotos!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A stunning nature, beautiful photos and a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would so love to see a pileated woodpecker!!! Each time someone posts photos of this beautiful species, I'm so jealous!! Love the dipper too.

    And the warm sunny beach looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful birds as always Norah ... and fun to look back t the beach and warmer weather for you. The driftwood shots really caught my eye -- I always love those gnarly old pieces -- such an icon of the Pacific Coast for me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your summer views are a welcome sight with the snow coming down here on Long Island again and I am sure there as well. I enjoyed your bird photos as well, especially the eagle... such majestic birds.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic shots. The birds are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such lovely scenes and vistas! Love the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely beautiful and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Nora

    wonderful beach shots and I loved hearing the sea in the video. great bird shots. I see your dipper has no white chest like our dipper has. great shot of woodpecker I would love to see one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  33. your french beach looks much like a beach we used to walk through the wood to in Maine. The beaches here are covered with snow today as we are in the midst of a large winter storm.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great scenes Nora. We are all dreaming of warmer days aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  35. The pics of the beach with fallen logs look so scenic. The birds captured on your lens are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful, - have spent holidays on the Island and enjoyed the beaches, but it's been a long time, so your photos bring back lots of lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your photograph is very warming. We are freezing here.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Another wonderful post, Nora! Your blog always leaves one with a warm feeling, no matter the outside temperature. Thank you for sharing your natural beauty!

    Wally in abnormally c-c-c-old Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really enjoyed this post, Nora! Wonderful scenery, fantastic color, great bird life! Thank you for sharing it all with us!

    --Wally In Cold (for us!) Florida

    (Apologies if this is a double post.)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nora, i wanted to come back to thank you for the information you left in a comment on FullTime-Life, on my post about the eaglets. Your input was so welcome and I learned...thank you for taking the time to help. The smaller eaglet is still alive and has been eating.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

TO CONTINUE CLICK 'OLDER POST' ABOVE HERE OR CLICK ON THE ARCHIVE ON THE SIDE OR --OLDER INDEX OF BLOG PAGES
©all rights reserved on all images and text

COPYRIGHT