Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Monday, January 27, 2014

Colors In My World




I like colors.





This is the color at Butchart Gardens.



The photos were taken last fall with my little Panasonic camera on panorama.


I feel like I have walked into a painting. And I just zoomed the
camera all around.


I am not sure if these photos are any good as some are shot directly into the light.


The photos get much larger if you click on them.





People walking around enjoying the gardens.






I like birds.


These are the colors of the birds in my back yard.  Taken mostly
in the fall and some recently. I can stand at my kitchen window
and snap photos out of the window.



I make a treat for the birds out of peanut butter.


She is so adorable.

Both the woodpeckers are still here.


Sorry I seem to be taking a holiday from text today. Hope you
enjoy my colors.  I am publishing late and am a little tired.  I will
try to visit all my blogger friends as soon as I can but it takes me
a while.

We are at the letter "c" for Color at the ABC Meme.

**************
Don't forget to check out my twitter pagemy Facebook pagemy YouTube site.
Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.
Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.


The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Our World Team
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart






 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!!


35 comments:

  1. Well, that is a fantastic and colorful world! I also like it.
    Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nora.... What a beautiful post. It made me smile.... I hope you will feel better.. I am thinking of you... Hug.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colourful shots of the gardens are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing all the colors, Nora. With all this fog we have been having lately, it was nice to come into your blog to see your images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Nora. hope you feel better soon. hanks for sharing these wonderful colourful gardens as well as the birds in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to be reminded of the colourful world we live in. Excellent bird photos. Hope you are coping with life. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours are fabulous! I love the birds too. Take care, Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post - love the colours of Butchart Gardens. We visited there September 2006 - lots of good memories from that time. I see very different birds where I live.
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gardens are lovely, I would like to walk around there. And your birds are wonderful, a great variety for your yard. Lovely photos, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the fluffy feathers of the “adorable” bird. It seems as though nature has added a decorative red bow of some sort on its pretty little head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic colors! I love fall season photos because of those lovely colors, but unfortunately here in India we don't see such colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful colours Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That little hummer with the blossom near its eye is just purely magical!!!

    Hootin' Anni
    and
    Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous garden and fantastic shots of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those panoramic shots are beautiful! All of them. Enjoyed the bird shots so much. You have quite an assortment right outside your window.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely bright colourful post to see on this freezing grey morning! Fabulous birds shots! The Hummer is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have had to take my sun glasses off to type this......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Colors are fab, plants and the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We certainly need a bit of colour during these bleak days of midwinter. The panoramas look fine to me; it's rarely possible to get a correct exposure for the whole wide scene. The colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love color too. Your first ones of the Gardens look like Monet paintings.
    Your little hummingbird is adorable.
    Love the woodpecker.
    I saw a woodpecker on our tree yesterday. It was the first time in years. Unfortunately it flew away before I could get my camera out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderfully colourful post - your photos are lovely enlarged as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful Nora -- the one bird looks like she has a ribbon bow in her 'hair'. The panorama shots are amazing ...I have such lovely memories of Buchart Garden...wish we could go again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos! When I was a kid we used to visit my grandparents on Vancouver Island every summer, fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful and colorful shots trees and birds alike.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing colorful garden!! you're lucky, to see the beauty of garden..beautiful photos of the garden and cute birds..

    ReplyDelete
  27. A really great set of pics, I had to look at the first few twice, thought I was looking at a coral reef, do you see what I mean. And that bird in your yard, is it a kind of Jay ?.
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I see what you mean...I do not know how to use the panorama feature so the cropping is done incorrectly by me as I try to shoot...but just a different perspective. I feel like I am under water sometimes anyway. Yes it is Steller's Jay.

      Delete
  28. Those gardens are gorgeous. My little Nikon has a panorama setting. I'm going to check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very colorful and cheerful. Loved the series!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Haven't been to Butchart Gardens in eons, but must make an effort this summer. Stunning colours.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the panorama shots. Don't think my camera has that capability. I love hummingbirds. You got a great shot. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's hard to take a boring photo at Butchart Gardens, isn't it? And I love the colours of your birds, especially the little beauty with the pink "hat"!
    I haven't been to The Island in ages...entirely too long.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh.. Love the colors! :)
    Thank you for following me. I`m with you to :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

COPYRIGHT