Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I only put a few posts on the first page. Please click "Read More" to see all of each post. Also click "older posts" under the comments or see the archives at the side, labels below post and older Index. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

FOLLOW MY BLOG

To follow click on badge on the sidebar or here.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

EXCELLENT BLOG AWARD



I would like to list these eXcellent blogs and very nice bloggers to know.
These are the eXtraordinary blogs this week but I will do more in a week or two.




Here is a list of some great blogs to read and visit and wonderful people who blog:

Sylvia From Over the Hill

Mick at Sandy Straits and Beyond

Stephanie's Images

Carole at Snap Happy Birding

Arija at Garden Delights

Ruth at Ruth's Photo Blog

Roger at Ramblin' With Roger


LondonLulu Princeton Daily Photo

Ladyfi


Karen at Pixel Posts


Indrani at Frozen Moments

John at By Stargoose and Hanglands

Anni at Hootin' Anni's

Gail at Louisiana Belle

Roy's Nature Logbook

Margaret Birding for Pleasure

Sallie at A Full-Time Life

Eileen at Viewing Nature with Eileen

Wally at Our Florida Journal

Fun60 at After 60 the Next 10

Leslie at The Pedalogue

Gunilla at gbkoru

Michelle at Rambling Woods

Carol at A Creative Harbor

Linda at Crafty Gardener


Stewart at Paying Ready Attention

Kent at Sweet Shot Tuesday

Susan at A Southern Daydreamer

Laura at Shine the Divine

These blogs do not need any awards.  They are great blogs and great bloggers to be friends with. I just want to eXtend my congratulations to them for having such eXtremely eXcellent blogs.  This week we are eXtolling the letter "x" at the ABC Meme.


I had to shorten this list as the page editor would not publish. 

The bloggers may snip the photo of the Golden Eagle Award if they like and post on their blog.  (We do not give awards much anymore but bloggers used to in the early years.) I can only add a few blog names this time but will do this again in a few weeks. If your blog is not on here it just means that it will be the next time I do this. Please do not be veXed with me. I have previously given this award out to some of these blogs.

The award can be snipped using a snip tool which is on all computers or you may use the photo link for it or html for it.


It does not matter if you post the award or not it is a simple token of my pleasure in reading your blogs for many years. It also puts a link on my blog to take readers to your blog now and in the future. I don't care about a link to my blog. I am not sure I will be able to blog much more anyway. I hope you all are having a great holiday season.



Don't forget to check out my twitter page, my Facebook page, my YouTube site.
Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.
Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
 
This is a list of really great Memes to be a part of and great bloggers who participate in them and host them:
The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Our World Team
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart






 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY WEEK BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! 



24 comments:

  1. Thank you for adding my site. I enjoy yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking my blog as one deserving of acknowledgement. I feel honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You! I think you have an excellent blog. The bird photos are amazing. I will look forward to seeing many more of your post in the New Year!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! I Wish you and yours all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words. I'll be thinking of you this Christmas. Best wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful list of bloggers, congratulations to each and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Nora; that was a surprise as I hit the link to your post in my reader just now. Very nice of you to include me. I look forward to watching your blog again, in 2014, best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Nora! I always enjoy visiting your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyouverymuch! Now I'm off to investigate those other blogs. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness...what a great surprise. You know, I never fail to visit with you when I know you've linked up to share your wonderful images and post about birding and your home area!!!

    Thank you so much for including me and my blog!!

    I do hope that you mean you're taking a holiday break instead of not blogging at all in the future!!! By the comments above mine, I think you'll return soon?!!! I sure hope so!!!

    Again, thanks Nora!!
    I will look forward to returning here after the holiday break!!
    May you and your family find peace and happiness...and your 2014 be joyful and prosperous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog and for the award! Sending my warmest and best Christmas Wishes to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks for the award. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know most of these bloggers and you have chosen wonderful one. This is my first visit to yours, but I will certainly return soon. Thanks for all of your hard work putting all of this together for all of us, Merry Christmas. genie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much and wishing you a Happy Christmas to you and your family ~ carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the mention.
    I find your blog too wonderful, it is such a treat to eyes.
    Marry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the blog recommendations. Some are already on my favourites list. I'll check out the rest. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gee, thanks so much...I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog. Sending warm wishes for a wonderful Christmas!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Nora.... I love your blog and hope you are doing well..... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for including my blog as one that you visit and recommend! I always enjoy reading your blog too - so very different from what I see and experience out here in SE Queensland. I have visited over your way but it still seems a very exotic location to me!
    I hope you are having a very happy holiday season and that the next few days will be even better still. (Remember we are a day ahead so tomorrow is already happening for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, thank you kindly for the kudos! Your blog is pretty swell too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes indeed, I know a lot of these blogs and can concur..... great efforts from all concerned

    Hope you enjoy today! have a wonderful rest of the festive season and see you again in 2014

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  21. From one Nora to another, what a great blog and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some familiar some not, great signpost.

    ReplyDelete
  24. straight from the source The root of your writing while sounding reasonable originally, take a look at the site here did not settle properly with me personally after some time. Somewhere within the sentences you actually managed to make me a believer but only for a short while. that site I however have got a problem with your jumps in assumptions and one might do well to help fill in those breaks. When you can accomplish that, I would undoubtedly end up being impressed. the original source

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Click for Index

TO CONTINUE CLICK 'OLDER POST' ABOVE HERE OR CLICK ON THE ARCHIVE ON THE SIDE OR --OLDER INDEX OF BLOG PAGES
©all rights reserved on all images and text

COPYRIGHT