Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Island Rambles Back Soon




Island Rambles is Back!!
Thanks so much for Kindly reading my blog while I was away.  My blog has not gone Kaput, I was just busy taking photos and travelling. Most of the places I was Keen on did not have internet for the RV and I needed to take time to refresh myself and needed a break from blogging.
Above photo is a Kayaker near Campbell River, B.C.

Beauty Kicking up some dust at the Saanich Fair and the Arabian show
below.

Ducks Keeping Kool in the pool below. I am not sure what kind they are.

I think this is some variety of Chinese Golden Pheasant below showing all the Kaleidoscopic colors.



There were so many Crossbills up in the north island, this is one of them up at Gold River.


I will put this in for the ABC Meme. It is "k" week at the ABC Wednesday meme so I tried my best to add some K words in. Below is a Kaleidoscopic shot of the fish in the Puntledge River. 


Kingfisher below up at Salmon Point.


Keep checking back as I don't Know when or what I will be posting next. Thanks again for staying with this blog even when I am away. I will try to get around to your blogs and catch up when I get more time on the internet.
Have a Great Week Everyone!!!!

Don't forget to check out my twitter page, my facebook page, my youtube site.
Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.
Click on these links to find great blogs and photos.
 

The Bird D'pot Thank you Anni
Our World Tuesday Thank you Our World Team
Sweet Shot Tuesday Thank you Kent
ABC Wednesday Thank you Denise, Roger and Team
Nature Notes Wednesday Thank you Michelle
Outdoors Wednesday Thank you Susan
Wild Bird Wednesday Thank you Stewart






 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.


35 comments:

  1. Lovely photo. Maybe someday that paddler will be me! I'd love to visit your coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back. Lovely photos!

    And enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, they are very colorful. That first photo is really awesome and thanks for letting me know that bird is called crossbills. I saw it once in a zoo, unlabeled, so now I know, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there and welcome back - I do like the shots of the crossbill and the kingfisher - but the fish are my favourite!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a wonderful time where ever your rambles are taking you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that pheasant has such vivid, glorious colors!!

    I'm here from Nature Notes, but I will also tell you now that from the Bird D'Pot, I thank you for linking up!!

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful variety of beautiful shots. The black horse looks like my dream horse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to have you back... beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear from you again. Some great photos as usual. Like the kayaker (that doesn't look right!) and the kingfisher. It's good sometimes to have a break from the blogging otherwise you feel under pressure to try and comment on so many good blogs that it takes up too much time. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots, Love the Kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Fantastic horses and beautiful photography ~ carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see your Nora... thank you for linking into Nature Notes and it looks like you have had a good vacation... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the picture of the black horse! A wonderful breed!
    You live in a wonderful area...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like it's common for bloggers to take breaks. Just came back from one myself. I'll keep you in my subscription list for whenever you decide to post. Love the bird photos and all the other interesting shots from your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have really manage to capture all the animals! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you were able to checK in...lovely photos and hope you kontinue to have a killer time!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nora.. was thinking when I clicked here (from Michelles NN) that I hadnt visited you for a while and now I see why...glad it wasn't my "fault." Pictures are wonderful. Glad you're having fun. Jealous of the kingfisher ...I have been trying for years to get a picture of one that hangs around here. He will sit still for hours until I get my camera out and then fwoosh, he's gone! Everything is bright and beautiful here on your blog; I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great series, The horse is beautiful. And I love the birds, it is always cool to see the Crossbills and a Kingfisher. Wonderful photos, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great collection of photos. Love the golden water.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, your shot of the horse is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you are back and had such an interesting series of photos.
    Fun viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely series of captures, Nora. Like Stewart, the fish shot is my favourite! May you enjoy some relaxation on your travels and a break from more intense blogging! Always happy to visit your blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been trying to get back in the mode too. Just seems to be a lot going on these days. Love the King Fisher welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  24. We always feel KINDLY towards your photos!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  25. We all need a blogging break sometimes... I think I'm about to reach that point! Love the kingfisher!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice to see you back! :0
    A load of stunning captures. Truly enjoyed seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello All: Well this is sure a nice surprise to come home to! So many bloggers arrived here! thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful comments. I will have fun visiting you all and seeing what you have been up to,.... it takes me a long time to get to each blog, but I will show up. I appreciate that so many of you have stuck with this blog for so many years even when my Followers gadget did not work, I was shocked to see that the Followers Gadget has started to work again when I was away!! The mysteries of Blogger always amaze me. They fixed it!

    I share the experience of blogging with this little group of bloggers, some for a long long time, some are followers and I try to follow back even when the gadget was broken. I feel connected to you by the shared task and work of blogging and the joy of sharing our experiences here.

    It is something that cannot be explained to a non-blogging person. It is a struggle to get that blog out and it never turns out the way I want it to look, each picture is not the perfect one...but all this is accepted by the other bloggers who have the same battles. We are all just trying to share our world globally to make it a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad you're back! I love the horses and the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful series of photos, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh the kingfisher is absolutely splendid, but oh my the Arabian horses very, very special to me...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful photos Nora! I didn't know you had an RV. I obviously have some catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely series of photos. I love the first one best - there's nothing on this earth more beautiful than an Arabian in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful set of your lovely photos.. the horse and birds looking pretty..
    nice post, like it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nora, how wonderful to get a dose of color and beauty today! Hope you're doing well.
    Love all the pictures but, of course, really like the birds! We just saw our first Kingfisher of the fall season two weeks ago. It's good to have them back. Hey - it's good to have YOU back!

    --Wally In Feather-Filled Florida

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE THE WORLD OF BLOGGING HAS CHANGED AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SPAMMERS OUT THERE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS