Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Weekend Holiday Photo Mix


Here we go again..another photo remix! These are some of my favourite photos from the past.  I am on a blog text holiday and just putting in photos as it is very relaxing. This was a Canada Day Celebration at Fort Rodd Hill above.  This guy with the hat walked into my shot....I was laying down on some rocks way out on the point with a wide angle...I like the distortion. I tried not to get wet as waves splashed over me.  I always get wet.


I think these will be good for Sky Watch and Weekend Reflections.

 
 
We were driving home from another lake and we passed this little lake
where some people were fishing....I accidentally walked into the water and got really wet taking these shots. I think this may be the same little lake below in sunlight, not sure. I probably stepped in the mud here.
 

This is the lake near my house below. It has a sandy beach so did not
get very wet here.  Good swimming here. I will use this for
Mandarin Orange Monday, new meme for me.




 
The Sea Lions and whales below will be good for Camera Critters. In a small boat I always get spray on my camera, a few times the waves
came right over the top of the boat. Not a fan of that.

 
 
The whales are all around here right now, Ron got some great new shots. I will put them in soon.
 
 

 
More Sky Watch and lots of Blue colors for Blue Monday.

 
These are Oak Bay locations.
 
 
Some reflection below out in Sidney.

 
 
The fish market in Sidney.
 

 
The flowers out at Butchart Gardens are for Today's Flowers.


 
This photo below is for the old friends I have reconnected with. I found some on Facebook! It is a wonderful thing to find those friends who you have lost along the way in life.


I apologise for putting in repeat photos, sometimes I think it is nice
to get a second look at them.  Also I am late at visiting your blogs
I had to stay off the computer for a while, but getting back now. 

I may not enter all these memes but this is the only way I can still join in. Thanks so much to the meme hosts who put on each of the following amazing memes for bloggers to join in and share their work.

I want to list all these memes for this part of the week so others can join them and I can pick a few to link up to.

Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.

Sky Watch Friday
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Todays Flowers
Best Post of the Week
Weekly Top Shot
Mandarin Orange Monday
Miscellaneous Monday
Blue Monday




 


edit note:   I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.

45 comments:

  1. Very very beautiful set of great photos,Nora!Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to have a decorated lighthouse for your national day! My daughter is in Canada this summer, working as a counsellor at a summer camp. She told me that on Canada day they all had to dress in red and white.

    Fantastic amount of wildlife in these photos - including the chap in the red and white hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda....Canada day at Fisgard Lighthouse is always a fun day!

      Delete
  3. Lovely photography ~ Lighthouse is so colorful and love the sea lions and others are gorgeous ~ happy weekend to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sea lions also. I think they are really beautiful but under appreciated here.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful skies, terrific reflections and wonderful captures, Nora, as always! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series, Nora!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second image is really stunning Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lighthouse and the gorgeous reflections on the the lake. The orca is one of my favorite, I would love to see them in person. Beautiful photos! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Eileen....there is a superpod here now, a group of all three local pods!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful set of image. Thanks for sharing your beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection.... Hug to you Nora..... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, I will come over there.

      Delete
  10. What a great collection of picture ! Your reflections on the lake are amazing, obviously, but I really enjoyed the sea lions shot : so impressive... Have a nice week-end !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I like the sealions also....why does no one else think they are
      so beautiful!!

      Delete
  11. HI Nora what a wonderful sets of photos you have shared with us. The skies are wonderful, also the loved the seals and whales. Have a great weekend. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret, I read that you are a bird lecturer, that must be a fun job!

      Delete
  12. Wow, everyone picture are fantastic and calm. truly, a great part of your great account.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those sunset reflections. The perfect end to a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the sunsets too. I did not notice reflections until
      I started blogging!

      Delete
  14. Wow, a great place to live and a great nature.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must be keen to lie down on rocks and get wet. I like that! Nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to get strange angles and views that no one else would do!

      Delete
  16. You have a lot of wonderful things to share today. I really like the photo of the canoe in the lake. The canoe just adds that extra little something that made me pause to appreciate it that much longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Shirley the boat is perfect in that shot.

      Delete
  17. Wonderful series of photos! I would love to see whales one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunilla....we have a lot of whales here now. They do whale tours all day long here.

      Delete
  18. It is very beautiful weekend photo-mix!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have posted a great series of beautiful photographs. Each one is gorgeous and I really appreciate that you shared that pretty flower with Today's Flowers. Thank you so much and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely shots. I especially like all the reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! Your photos are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. your photographs make us want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful captures! Happy MOM.

    Liz (yacb)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Having only recently discovered your blog, I'm glad you're reposting this wonderful photos. They're new to me! Beautiful shots of beautiful places...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nora, what spectacular colors! Thank you for brightening my day with your wonderful photographs!

    Wally in humid Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all the photo images, beautiful

    Come and link with us also for Travel Photo MOndays

    ReplyDelete
  28. What beautiful memories you have captured!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I enjoyed the whole series, but my favourite is your MoM entry - lovely warm colour and reflections. I quite like those sea lions too!! Thank you for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday ....and welcome:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. You can remix all you want, because your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS