Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Hi my name is Nora and Welcome to my blog world. This is a nature and birding photo blog about Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I am trying to be a birder and I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Lovely Island Life for L


I am LATE...for all the weekly memes again.  It is "L" week at ABC so here are some Local "L" photos.  Hope you Like them.  These two shots are from Witty's Lagoon this week. It was a hot, hot weekend in the sun here in my Lovely Island Life.





This little Chestnut-backed chickadee was at Swan Lake and so was the little Marsh wren and the Cormorant below.




This is the first little Rufous Hummingbird I have seen this year.


This is the lonely little owl that has branched out from his flower box nest.


Below is a shot of all the little owlets before they branched out to the world.


Below is a shot of a Pintail duck at Esquimalt Lagoon.


Lovely Lilies at Butchart Gardens.


The baby lambs learn to come to the gate.



I hope all the bloggers have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing your blogs this week on ABC Meme, the birdy memes and all the other memes.

 Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them for others and as this is the quick way for me to do it.

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer.  To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.







32 comments:

  1. They ARE LOVELY, but you're NOT LATE for us!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rog, great I made it to your meme on time!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful captures for the L Day, Nora -- regardless of the time!! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, we finally got the good weather...hope you have it in Portland also and hope the move is going well for you.

      Delete
  3. I like all the "L's" in your post - especially Witty's Lagoon and the Pintail Duck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks Stephanie, nice to find your blog as well.

      Delete
  5. What a great series of shots! That hummer is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hummingbird looks so very fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful captures Nora - your shots of the birds are delightful; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So besutiful photos from your part of the world!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful images Nora. I especially enjoyed the rufous hummingbird. We're supposed to have them here in my area, but I've never had the privilege of spotting one. So, your photo was greatly appreciated. The owl is beautiful isn't it? Thanks for linking up this week at the Bird D'Pot, it's always a great addition to the wonderful birds in our world!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely series of photos
    the owl is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the best wildlife and nature photos ~ Wonderful! ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww things are picking up there it looks like and the lambs are so darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely extravaganza of shots. Especially the fluffy owl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have chickadees and wrens, but different species. I've never seen either of these. Love the owl photo, too! The hummingbird is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful shots of your lovely island life! I saw a great horned owl the other day - yes, DAY! I went back the next day with my camera, but he'd left. :(

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are lovely, I love all your photos, and they make me a bit homesick for the island when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful scenes from your beautiful island

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful photos! You DO have a lovely life! And I LOVE your header!

    ReplyDelete
  19. More great images of your environment! I love the wren singing! Thank you for sharing your beautiful world!

    Wally in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice set of pictures. Much as I like the hummer, I do like that wren belting out a song.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW- Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes it was a hot weekend here on the Island...lots of outdoor time...great photos..really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for coming...I will reply to you at each of your
    home blogs. Your comments are read and loved by me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful photo ~ interesting angles in the photo and love the sky and water ~ ^_^

    thanks for 'visiting and commenting' ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your world is beautiful! I love the owls...especially the owlets.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonderful post Nora...hugs to you..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Better late then never! Always time for great photos!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another wonderful set of shots. That owl is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that singing wren, wonderful bird photographs. Photographing lambs, oh yes, irresistible and cute.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Please do not link in a comment, I have to then delete as there is too much spam going on.
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS