Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Thursday, December 06, 2012

Mud Puddle Sky

Time today to put in some sky reflection shots for Sky Watch and for Weekend Reflections.
We were on a nice walk at Goldstream and I noticed the mud puddles looked wonderful with these reflections.  



Then I wanted to visit some other weekend memes so I will put in some critters for Camera Critters. Please read more.



The lambs were crying and very shy at the Cobble Hill Fair.
Llama or Alpaca?  Alpacas are smaller with shorter ears shaped like  a spear. Llama ears are long and shaped like a banana. Alpaca's teeth continue to grow and need to be trimmed and have no enamel on the innerside.  Alpacas have a single fine coat and must be sheared annually.
 

The cows at Cobble hill above and then a horse who wanted to be a cow below.
Whales.

Sea Lions
A lake called Beaver lake near our house.
My bear at Campbell River.
Horses in Metchosin.




Hooded Mergansers are already displaying some mating behaviours in the pond.  I have read that they start some of their mating displays very early.
 
 
I had another ultrasound today and needle biopsy of my thyroid tumor, this time they took a lot out with freezing so kinda sore.  I am sorry that I may not be able to reply each comment but I do love comments a lot. I won't know the results for a while, probably around Christmas. I know a few of my readers also have thyroid tumors from reading some of your blogs, so let me know how you are doing as well as I would love to learn more about the various current medical treatments. I am hoping that the results will be fine and they can just do a monitoring of it as my husband will be getting his new hips soon.

I may not enter all these memes but this is the only way I can still join and not spend too much time on the computer for my eyes. Thanks so much to the meme hosts who put on each of the following amazing memes for bloggers to join in and share their work.

The memes for this weekend are:

Sky Watch Friday
Fabulous Friday
Camera Critters
Weekend Reflections
Best Post of the Week
Weekly Top Shot

 



edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.









21 comments:

  1. Those reflection pictures are amazing. This is just the kind of pictures I would be taking. I hope the results from the biopsy will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are all superb as always and it's always delightful to visit your blog!
    I, too, hope the results from the biopsy are good and I will be holding good thoughts for you! Take care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia. I appreciate your good thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Another fabulous set of shots. That horse's markings are amazing!

    Love the mud puddle reflection - so artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much ladyfi for your comments. (don't tell anyone but the horse was decorated by the children to look like that!! I am sure she felt quite silly...)

      Delete
  4. WOW! Wonderful interesting series! I like the whales! Once I was on your island and I have very beautiful memories at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous reflections and photos! I love all the critters, especially the Orca whale. The hoodie shot is great too. Wonderful post, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an enjoyable post to visit this morning. Thank you for sharing such delightful pictures. Good luck with your thyroid biopsy!! I'll be thinking of you! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Calling by today as another Skywatch Friday participant, a very creative shot for the meme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful images! I love the beautiful trees and your imaginative captures of the puddle reflections. This made my day better. Thank you! -- Wally in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful images! I love the beautiful trees and your imaginative captures of the puddle reflections. This made my day better. Thank you! -- Wally in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your reflections are awesome, but I really enjoyed the grampus picture : it looks like it is getting so much fun !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I love those mud puddle skies. You have wonderful eyes to have seen the beauty in a puddle :) I'm going to come back again to this post to check out your critters. I can see that more time is needed, but the sun is calling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those reflections are absolutely amazing. Such incredible wildlife pictures as well. What a treat! Here's hoping the news is good from the biopsy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great post, so much to see. Lovely reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your pictures. Hope everthing will go well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting collection of images. My favourites are the sea lions and the goldstream shots. And of course the whales!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a great series of shots, love them all, the dual ducks, the Orcas.. so lovely! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #60!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful collection of different amazing photos! That must be a thrill to see a whale in nature! Island is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS