Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Little Late Posting

I am late posting this week.  I have gathered some postings for the "R" week at ABC Wednesday and found a few birds to pop in as well for Wild Bird Wednesday. I think I am too late for most of the memes.  Hope you enjoy anyway.

Marsh wren in the Reeds
Rusty old war boats used for a breakwater up island, I think it was at Sayward, B.C. but will have to check.
 Rum Island, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Robin
 Red Winged Blackbird
Red Breasted Sapsucker
Rare bird from last year....a Stilt.
 Rhinoceros Auklet taken out in the boat.
Red Tailed Hawk at Raptor Center


Race Rocks Sea Lions

 River Otters
Rigging on the boats.
Red flowers at Butchart Gardens.
Putting on the Ribbons for the horse show.

 After the Ride we Rest.




Thanks for visiting my blog and please leave a comment for me. I truly appreciate the wonderful comments and notes you have sent me on my blog. I will also link to Our World and  Bird D'pot even though I am too late for them. I am so grateful to the hosts of all the memes who take the time to allow bloggers to link up at their sites each week.

Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but this is the quick way for me to join in the memes as I have some difficulty with my eyes.



The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
Tuesday Tweets
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







 
edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.




27 comments:

  1. I think the wren at the top of the blog might be a Bewick's wren, not sure and don't want to republish, so perhaps some wren expert will let me know what kind of wren it is. My bird expert is not here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always do quality shots. (and you're just on time for US)

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rog, and thanks for all the work you do over at ABC

      Delete
  3. Oh My...I started to choose a fave, what was I thinking? You got some great image shares~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the visit Mary, I love your header and your hawks.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photos! Love the sea lions and the hawk! Fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Brian, you have some great shots on your blog today.

      Delete
  5. I adore that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots! The little Marsh Wren is singing his heart out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the little wren too and he was singing a lovely song

      Delete
  7. Oh the horses are so beautiful! I love those rusty old boats, too, what a cool photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice set of R's! I like the wren even if its name is a bit of a mystery!

    Cheers and thanks for taking part in WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Stewart, I always enjoy seeing your part of Australia.

      Delete
  9. Super shot of the marsh wren! I have yet to capture one with my lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still wondering if it is a Marsh Wren....it looks so much like the Bewicks. I need to study the wrens more. EGCameraGirl we both have been blogging together for a long time now.

      Delete
  10. The rare bird is quite intriguing!

    Reminiscing
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Rose, hope the children are well.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful collection of photos. I love all the beautiful birds, especially the sapsucker. The sea lions and otters are cute, love the critters. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, I really enjoy your photos and especially the trips you go on. Nice YouTube site also.

      Delete
  12. Wow Nora...what a bounty of nature to look at. I think you did "R" Week and Nature Notes proud....Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michelle, see you next week.

      Delete
  13. Glorious collection of photos. I bet each one was a thrill to capture. Well I'm thinking if I were behind the camera... I'd be tickled pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Daniel, it is more fun taking the picture for sure, than all the work to blog them!

      Delete
  14. Oh, my goodness, am I ever glad I stopped in for a visit today. What a great series of photos to scroll through!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheers, thanks for the visit and have a good trip KaHolly.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS