Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog, poetry and short story blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Many Things for M

Oh I am so late.  I am away travelling again.  So there will be very little text tonight.  I am on the laptop at my favorite rv place near Campbell River.  I have just pulled out a few of the pictures for various memes this week.  I will work with the letter "M" at ABC Wednesday.  Above and below are Purple Martins at Sidney Spit.  (most of my picture files and video files are at home and my recent photos are still on the camera card.)



Below is a Turkey Vulture from the Migratory Bird Show but the Vulture is from the Pacific Northwest Raptor Centre.  I like the way I got the handler's head in it also.


 Below are the Cormorants on Mandarte Island off of Sidney Spit.
This may be a Mallard duck and her little ducklings.
Look at this!  Must be a hybrid Mallard mixed with something with a blue bill.

Took this recently at the Campbell River Museum, hubby thinks he got a big fish.
The photos below I took at Muchalat, B.C. The one below is from the Uchuck.
Ron on the Uchuck at Muchalat.

We have had a long stretch of amazing weather, very hot and sunny so I have  not been able to spend much time at home....I am gathering a lot of photos to share later on in the winter.

These are all of Muchalat.   I liked it there.




The last one is of Moses Point near Sidney,  B.C. 

There we go, all done.  Hope everyone has a great week and weekend.  Thanks to all my subscribers, readers, commentators and followers.  I will visit everyone who comments when I get home, I really appreciate  it if you leave me a note and then I can visit your site also.

Thank you to these memes for allowing bloggers to share their story.  I may not remember to enter them all but I still list them as this is the quick way for me to do it.

The Bird D'pot
Our World Tuesday
Sweet Shot Tuesday
Tuesday Tweets
ABC Wednesday
Nature Notes Wednesday
Outdoors Wednesday
Wild Bird Wednesday







edit note:  I sometimes have to republish after I see how many errors I made or links not working.  I list all the memes for the week now as I can only spend a short time on the computer as my eyes get tired. Such is life. To continue reading posts you must click older post below or see the index at the top or the side or pick a popular post or label from the sidebar.








11 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images and the one with caregiver holding Vulture gave me a giggle too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is the one with the handler's head; talk about a birdman!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great series, I enjoyed the pretty scenery and the birds. The Purple Martins are my favorite. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Martins - muchly in fact!

    Thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your bird captures! And I, too, really like your capture of the handlers! Beautiful skies and gorgeous places! Thanks for sharing with us today!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Nora... what a wonderful post. So bright and cheery on a very wet and grey day here in the UK!

    Enjoy your travels.. looks as though you're have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous place Nora! The Purple Martins are wonderful. And those Mallards, you know they breed with anything ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great series enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Absolutely marvelous photography ~ Bravo! ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how beautiful..I enjoyed this escape today and needed it..Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS